Corporate Social Responsibility
Heritage Great Britain’s approach to corporate social responsibility is based on our core values and continued commitment to focus on our employees and workplaces, together with a proactive involvement in our communities, charitable fund raising activities and the environmental impact of our operations.
In the area of employees and the workplace, examples of initiatives include;
- Personnel appraisal, enhancement and development plans for all permanent employees.
- ‘Investor in People’ standard accreditation achieved or in the process of being achieved at business units.
- Work experience opportunities on all sites.
- Apprenticeship programmes in all businesses.
Our involvement with local communities and charities includes;
- Support for educational activities and local fund raising events plus discounted admissions to school and uniform groups.
- Regular meetings with local councils and other local authority bodies where Heritage Great Britain works in partnership.
- Support to youth groups.
- Free tickets or benefits in kind for local fund raising activities.
- On-site support for several charities including RSPB, Cornwall Air Ambulance, Yorkshire Air Ambulance, RNLI, Walk the Wight and Snowdonia mountain rescue.
In relation to environmental impact initiatives these include;
- Proactive involvement with the Carbon Trust and its consultants.
- PV Solar, biomass boilers and other green energy initiatives either installed or in development.
- Detailed and specific environmental, energy efficient mission statement setting out our commitment, objectives and procedures at group and individual staff level.
- Regular auditing of sites by independent energy and waste management consultancies.